no context menus

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 10:21:18 UTC 2010

Hi Josh,

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 02:10, Josh Stephenson <peterbuldge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running Kubutu Lucid with KDE 4.5, QT 4.7 and Amarok 2.3.1.90.  For a few
> versions now I havent been able to get any file or context menus in amarok.

And why didn't you report that earlier?

> Clicking on a file menu or right-clicking on something to get a context will
> sometimes give me split second flicker of something, then nothing at all, other
> times I simply get no response at all.  This behavior seems to come and go,
> sometimes, if Amarok has been open for a while, menus will just decide to
> start working but I have no idea what is changing.  Usually, though, I can't
> get any menus.

I can't reproduce any of this, using the same distribution and KDE
version, and have never seen this behavior. Could you please create a
new user and try again? If that works, something is fishy in your
configuration, so you should erase all amarok* files in
$HOME./kde/share/config/

> A while back I decided to reinstall Amarok and see if I could pinpoint where
> the problem starts, It seems to be related to podcasts.  After a fresh
> install, the problem starts shortly after the first podcasts are added.

Wild guess IMHO. To really identify a culprit you should start amarok
from a konsole in debug mode, and look at the relevant output when
this happens:
start amarok with the -d option, close it and do it again, so the
debugging is enabled.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org