Amarok 2 - Automatic Playlist Generator - 30 Song Limit?

Marcel Hilzinger mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de
Thu Aug 5 12:02:39 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2010 05:10:02 schrieb Soren Harward:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Fabian Siddiqi <fabians at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using the Automated Playlist Generator to create a playlist,
> > although it is limited to 30 songs. Why is this and how can I change it?
>
> 30 songs is a fixed default.  If you want to change the length of the
> generated playlist, add a "Playlist Duration" constraint.  There's
> been a few requests to have a constraint that fixes the playlist at a
> certain number of songs (like 20), so I will implement that in a
> future version, probably the one after 2.3.2.

What about thinking in time instead of tracks? So maybe a playlist for 60
minutes is a good default data to start, then the user can add music for
another 60 minutes or another time lenght individually.

I usually do not count music in tracks. Just imagine, that there's a party at
yours starting at 9pm and you want amarok to play until 12pm. So you tell
amarok to fill the playlist with 3 hours of music. Maybe other users find
this function useful as well...

Marcel

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 34 110, Fax: +49 89 99 34 1199
mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de - http://www.linuxnewmedia.de
Linux New Media, the Pulse of Open Source: Lawrence, KS - Málaga
Manchester - München - São Paulo - Warszawa