no sound

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 06:08:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 01:30 +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. August 2010 schrieb Thufir Hawat:
[...]
> > Not sure what to click on to test the sound settings.
>
> The usual question at this level of available information is: do you have the
> necessary codecs installed?
[...]

Presumably, as internet radio and other sound works under gnome mplayer
(codecs are installed to the system?).  As suggested, I played a .ogg
with amarok.  What I did was to right click a .ogg file and selected
"open with amarok", played fine :)

Not sure why it didn't occur to me to try that earlier, but anyhow...

I think it's just a matter of learning the interface.  I've read about
how to add the BBC as a stream and will try that again, but I'm probably
not clicking on the correct button to play it or something.

-Thufir