[Feedback] External Collection Problems - 2.3.0

jontemple at gmail.com jontemple at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:18:21 UTC 2010

Jonathan Temple sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

I store most of my music on a large external hard drive. I am using Amarok's
ability to detect external storage devices to divide my collection up between
the bit of music I have on my internal laptop hard drive and my external hard
drive. However, there are some problems that I was wondering if anyone had
solutions to:

Whenever I play music from my external drive, the list of albums in the
middle pane by the same artist is an enormous list of duplicates of the album
I'm currently listening to. See this screenshot:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8015/snapshot1.png

Secondly, album art simply won't work for anything stored on the external
drive. This is more of an annoyance, but it'd be really nice to have cover
art for the majority of my collection instead of the vast minority.

Finally, the standard functionality of Amarok's various artist grouping
doesn't work for the external drive. Instead, albums with many artist tags
are spread all throughout the collection list, instead of organized neatly
into the various artists category.

Does anyone know how to fix this stuff?