Will Amarok ever support covers from id3 tag?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Apr 9 07:48:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Xamindar <junkxamindar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought for sure Amarok would support this. I just spent two days
> straight adding covers to all my songs. Now I checked in Amarok and
> there is no change, half of them are still missing. I tried deleting the
> stored cover cache under the .kde4/share/whatever directory but that
> just got rid of all the covers in Amarok.
>
> Any idea of when or if this will be supported in a future release? I'm
> on 2.3.0.

We have a patch for this, but there are some technical issues with it.
It works for some use cases, but it's not a complete solution. If you
build Amarok yourself, you can give it a try:

http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/merge_requests/134

> Why isn't it already there? Seems like a really basic thing to have.

Because this is Free Software, and we work on what motivates us,
instead of what you may find important. Sometimes this happens to be
the same thing (we developers are users too), and sometimes it's not.

Personally I'm not interested in this feature at all, and my time is
limited, and last I checked I was not getting paid by you :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer