amarok 2.2 and phonon-xine backend

Dima Panov Fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Wed Sep 30 12:58:16 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 30 September 2009 21:37:19 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Dima Panov <Fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru> wrote:
> > Amarok 2.2.0 (same here for all versions since 2.1.80)
> >
> > Compiling is fine, but when it start - got a crash
> >
> > [fluffy at Fluffy] ~> amarok --debug
> >
> > QWaitCondition::wait(): cv wait failure: Operation not permitted
> >
> > QWaitCondition::wait(): cv wait failure: Operation not permitted
> >
> > <fluffy_khv> ASSERT: "that->m_newStream" in file
> > /var/tmp/usr/ports/multimedia/phonon-xine/work/phonon-4.3.1/xine/xinethre
> >ad.cpp, line 79
> >
> > <unknown program name>(67925)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it
> > probably crashed.
> >
> > Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did
> > not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
> >
> > KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
> >
> > sock_file=/home/fluffy/.kde4/socket-Fluffy.Khv.RU/kdeinit4__0
> >
> > Can't get backtrace - gdb doesn't see stack data.
>
> Hi Dima,
>
> your error is very strange, and it happens in Phonon, the multimedia
> framework from KDE. I've asked our Phonon expert on IRC, this is what
> he said:
>
> "<sandsmark> the problem seems to be that mutexes don't work on his system"
>

> So there might be something really wrong with your system. I'm not
> very familiar with FreeBSD, so I can't really help much, sorry. Do we
> have any FreeBSD experts here?

At first, at FreeBSD we use qt4-phonon as engine. It need to build correctly many of qt4
parts such as webkit, designer and others. from kdesupport we use only engine backends.

At second, FreeBSD is POSIX-compliant system. So standard mutexes should be fine.
May be some mutexes used in linux-only style?

--
Dima "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29