amarok 2.2 and phonon-xine backend

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Sep 30 10:37:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Dima Panov <Fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru> wrote:
> Amarok 2.2.0 (same here for all versions since 2.1.80)
>
> Compiling is fine, but when it start - got a crash
>
> [fluffy at Fluffy] ~> amarok --debug
>
> QWaitCondition::wait(): cv wait failure: Operation not permitted
>
> QWaitCondition::wait(): cv wait failure: Operation not permitted
>
> <fluffy_khv> ASSERT: "that->m_newStream" in file
> /var/tmp/usr/ports/multimedia/phonon-xine/work/phonon-4.3.1/xine/xinethread.cpp,
> line 79
>
> <unknown program name>(67925)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it
> probably crashed.
>
> Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did
> not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
>
> KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
>
> sock_file=/home/fluffy/.kde4/socket-Fluffy.Khv.RU/kdeinit4__0
>
> Can't get backtrace - gdb doesn't see stack data.

Hi Dima,

your error is very strange, and it happens in Phonon, the multimedia
framework from KDE. I've asked our Phonon expert on IRC, this is what
he said:

"<sandsmark> the problem seems to be that mutexes don't work on his system"

So there might be something really wrong with your system. I'm not
very familiar with FreeBSD, so I can't really help much, sorry. Do we
have any FreeBSD experts here?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer