only 20 or 40 long playlist

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 17:04:39 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 11:27 AM, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb at comcast.net>  wrote:

>>> Not really sure what you mean by "playlist" and "seen".
>>>
>>> Do you mean the collection scanner not picking up tracks? Or the file browser?
>>>
>>> Anyways I doubt its some errant configuration.
>>>
>>> Ian
>>>

>> It is the "Play List" that is on the right side of the GUI.  It normally
>> list all of the songs that are to be played after you select them.  I
>> use the upper left side of Amarok 2.1.1 (openSuSE's amarok) Playlist
>> <alt P>  then Clear Playlist (blanks the right panel) then Add Media.  I
>> then select the directory with the mp3 files.  It has about 1000 mp3s.
>> Amarok only sees 20 of them.  I have tried using "copy and paste" and
>> follow the GUI to "OK"<alt O>.   I have selected<shift A>  and via the
>> mouse - still only 20 songs
>>
> Do all the files show up in the file browser? (The thing on the left
> side). Try dragging from there.
>

>> There must be a place in my /home where it is not being cleared.  This
>> has been proven by a complete upgrade from version 6 to version 7 last
>> night.
>>
> No that really isn't the issue. There's no option anywhere at anytime
> that hides files from Play Media. ;)
>
> Things that might explain why it stops at 20: differences in file
> extensions, media type, or filesystem permissions.
>
> Ian

Yes all of the songs show up and I have tried every way to copy them to
the right side playlist.
I even tried "OK".  Amarok takes a few seconds and then only puts 20
files in the playlist right side panel.

The reason I think it is in the /home/donn directory is because it has
not not been renewed by the upgrade of the complete system.

I removed everything in /home/donn/.kde4/ that pertained to amarok and
tried "amarok --debug" and I get the same results.  That is <CTRL> A and
then copy and paste

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "