only 20 or 40 long playlist

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:27:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 09/11/2009 09:39 AM, Ian Monroe wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb at comcast.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Group;
>>>
>>> In a effort to loose this problem I have completely reloaded openSuSE
>>> 11.2 M6 to M7.
>>> Amarok still has the same problem.  That is it will only see 20 mp3
>>> songs in a directory with many more songs.  I did retain my old /home
>>> directory files.  So, believe somewhere in my /home directory it is set
>>> to only look at the same group of songs.  I have tried to erase and
>>> reload any old playlist information.
>>> I have set the playlist to one directory in a group
>>> "/usr/share/Music/smoothjazz/" which contains the files.
>>> However, amarok 2.1.1 will only look at 20 files that are not even the
>>> begining files.  It always see the same 20 files.
>>>
>>> Where does amarok store this information?  "find ./ -name amarok" shows
>>> it is in~/.kde4.
>>> I have tried removing anything with amarok and mysql in ~/.kde4.  Which
>>> didn't help.
>>>
>>> vlc player works on /usr/share/Music/smoothjazz
>>>
>> Not really sure what you mean by "playlist" and "seen".
>>
>> Do you mean the collection scanner not picking up tracks? Or the file browser?
>>
>> Anyways I doubt its some errant configuration.
>>
>> Ian
>>
> It is the "Play List" that is on the right side of the GUI.  It normally
> list all of the songs that are to be played after you select them.  I
> use the upper left side of Amarok 2.1.1 (openSuSE's amarok) Playlist
> <alt P> then Clear Playlist (blanks the right panel) then Add Media.  I
> then select the directory with the mp3 files.  It has about 1000 mp3s.
> Amarok only sees 20 of them.  I have tried using "copy and paste" and
> follow the GUI to "OK" <alt O>.   I have selected <shift A> and via the
> mouse - still only 20 songs

Do all the files show up in the file browser? (The thing on the left
side). Try dragging from there.

> There must be a place in my /home where it is not being cleared.  This
> has been proven by a complete upgrade from version 6 to version 7 last
> night.

No that really isn't the issue. There's no option anywhere at anytime
that hides files from Play Media. ;)

Things that might explain why it stops at 20: differences in file
extensions, media type, or filesystem permissions.

Ian