Feedback on Amarok 2.1.1

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 16:51:24 UTC 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 15:48, AG<computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

>> Thanks Myriam.  Looking in both Sid and Experimental, the Amarok version is
>> 2.1.1-4 and 2.1.80-1 respectively.  Which of these were you thinking of?
>>

> Yes, I know, it's a bit misleading with those strange version numbers,
> 2.1.80-1 == 2.2. beta 1, Amarok 2.1.1-4 is just the 4th time they
> packaged, applied patches or such.
>

> Regards, Myriam.

Changed my sources list and wandered into the land of unresolved
dependencies, specifically some library called liblast* which didn't
show up in apt-cache search as something that I could install.  Oh well,
I got a more up-to-date version of KDE out of the effort.  I didn't
realise that Amarok had such close links into KDE code base.

Methinks I'll wait for a while and grin and bear it ... at least until
it hits Sid and then I may try again.

AG