Amarok 1.4 collection and artwork importing

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Oct 28 21:09:15 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 21:58:21 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Pedro de Carvalho Gomes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > All the issues I'm describing here are related to Amarok 2.2 truck,
>
> We have a truck!?!?!
>
> > The first issue is about the import of my collection from Amarok 1.4.
> > It imports only part of my collection (1604 out of 3400 musics). I've
> > checked the source code
> > (src/databaseimporter/amarok14/FastForwardWorker.cpp), and I see that
> > the SQL query trusts the information presented at the "statistics"
> > table. The thing is that "statistics" table contains information of
> > music that has been played at least once. So, if a song has never been
> > played it would not be imported.
>
> I don't follow why this is a problem. I guess you could have ratings for
> songs that have never been played, but that seems kinda unlikely.

  On the contrary, that's a perfectly valid use case. Look at it this way: You
just got a hold of a track that you know you like (say Brittney Spears' Oops,
I Did It Again ;) ), and you happen to know that you would rate that song at 5
stars. Now, of course, that song hasn't been played, but... :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-