Amarok 1.4 collection and artwork importing

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 21:05:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:

> Pedro de Carvalho Gomes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > All the issues I'm describing here are related to Amarok 2.2 truck,
>
> We have a truck!?!?!
>
> > The first issue is about the import of my collection from Amarok 1.4.
> > It imports only part of my collection (1604 out of 3400 musics). I've
> > checked the source code
> > (src/databaseimporter/amarok14/FastForwardWorker.cpp), and I see that
> > the SQL query trusts the information presented at the "statistics"
> > table. The thing is that "statistics" table contains information of
> > music that has been played at least once. So, if a song has never been
> > played it would not be imported.
>
> I don't follow why this is a problem. I guess you could have ratings for
> songs that have never been played, but that seems kinda unlikely.

I think he misunderstood the use of the import functionality. It is not to
import your collection from amarok 1.x, but rather to import your
/statistics/ from 1.x. So if you have an empty collection, and you import
from 1.x, you'll only see tracks that had statistics, as that's what's been
added to your database. You need to have amarok scan your music files to
actually see them all--the import will just add your stats.

iirc...

leo