I need *your* benchmarking help!

Tycho Andersen tycho at tycho.ws
Mon Oct 26 01:43:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Jeff Mitchell wrote:

> Please try again -- I've reverted one of the two changes made to the
> library being initialized. It seems like they might have removed an
> option in 5.1.

That fixes it here, thanks. Here's my data:

In a collection with 11,883 tracks ~160 GB in size:

git master:

Behavior: I press the full rescan button and Amarok pegs the cpu and
says 100% completion. Then after about 3 minutes, the percent bar goes
from 0-100%. Total times are below (I did 5 runs just to make sure
nothing was wacky).

Scan # |  time
1      | 4:49
2      | 4:13
3      | 4:12
4      | 4:11
5      | 4:09

jeffrai-work/uidhash:

Here, the first phase takes about 20 seconds or so (percent bar still
says
100%).

Scan # |  time
1      | 3:05
2      | 1:35
3      | 1:25
4      | 1:25
5      | 1:20

So far, everything looks good in the collections (the numbers scanned
match, etc.). One minor issue: the "Search collection" box is now case
sensitive.

\t