I need *your* benchmarking help!

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sun Oct 25 22:19:40 UTC 2009

Casey Link wrote:
>> When I run the code in the uidhash branch, I get the dreaded:
>>
>> [ERROR!] MySQL library initialization failed.
>>
>> However, with git master, everything works fine.
>
> Ditto. I'm having the same problem. Checked out the branch, compiled..
> b0rked mysql.

Please try again -- I've reverted one of the two changes made to the
library being initialized. It seems like they might have removed an
option in 5.1.

If that still doesn't work, open up mysql CLI and type "show collation;"
and check that utf8_bin is present. (If it isn't, bug your packager.)

--Jeff