skip a directory during scan

Valentin Rouet v.rouet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:10:30 UTC 2009

> > The other thing to figure out is whether to make such exclusions
> > recursive or not. I would generally suggest yes, because people can then
> > individually add subfolders of such directories to the collection and
> > they would still be scanned (since they'd be passed as separate paths
> > into the scanner). But I'm interested in thoughts.
>
> +1 for recursive. Makes the most sense, I'd say.

What about giving the choice on each excluded folder ?
It would be easy to write into the file something like "recursive=true/false",
and this way it would be possible for instance to exclude audio files located
directly in one's music folder without having to add all subfolders
individualy to the collection (which can be really long if there are a lot of
them).

--
Valentin Rouet