skip a directory during scan

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Oct 14 08:51:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think it would be better to have Amarok check for files named
>> ".amarok_ignore" (or something similar) and skip folders that contain
>> such a file. Maybe the dot should even be omitted for better
>> portability, because last time I checked it was impossible to create
>> files starting with a dot using Windows Explorer (you had to use the
>> command prompt, but most Win users are scared senseless by the mere
>> thought of that, and/or wouldn't think of the possibility).
>
> +1 for this idea.
>
> I'd find this feature useful too.
>
> Adding an option to the Filebrowser to "Hide a directory from the
> scanner" would assist in creating this ignore files.

I like the idea too, but I would suggest not making it a "hidden
feature", but rather implementing a GUI dialog for this. Hidden
features are always problematic, in that they are... well, hidden, and
as such get little testing.

If we implement this feature, I think we should go all the way and do
it properly :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer