amarok doesn't see all the audio files on my Sansa E260 (includes a patch)

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Oct 9 20:58:23 UTC 2009

Aran Cox wrote:
> I've been using my Sansa E260 with Amarok and I noticed that when I
> "Read Device" not all the songs show up in the collection.  It seems
> that oggs are identified as "audio/x-vorbis+ogg" so I added that to
> the list and now all but a handful of songs show up in the
> collection.  I haven't pinnned down exactly which ones are not getting
> added but when I do I'll try to figure out why.

Aran,

Do you know what is providing that mimetype? audio/vorbis and audio/ogg
are defined mime types by IANA, and according to Xiph.org*, audio/ogg
should be used for Ogg/Vorbis files -- at least, before it got redefined
to application/ogg.

I can't find anything that thinks x-vorbis+ogg is correct, so getting
this fixed at the source would be good.

*http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/MIME_Types_and_File_Extensions#.ogg_-_audio.2Fogg

--Jeff