Testing Request for KDE+PulseAudio users

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:59:34 UTC 2009

2009/10/6 Myriam Schweingruber <myriam.schweingruber at gmail.com>

> Well, then you missed all the countless bug reports on b.k.o.and angry
> users we have seen in #amarok, #amarok.de, #amarok.fr, #kubuntu and
> #kubuntu.de (channels I am subscribed to) because Pulseaudio disabled
> their soundcards and killed their sound. And I bet there is even more
> under the hood. I clearly remember that we support people handled up
> to 20+ cases a day over several weeks.

If I can add my experience, I found out that in my current distribution
version (Ubuntu 9.04) pulseaudio is working almost flawlessly, on three
different computers with different hardware, and this has been good news,
especially because until this version I usually removed pulseaudio from the
standard installation: now, if it is not present, audio does not work at
all.
Of course, I know that I am just one user :)

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
http://www.chimera-bellerofonte.eu/