Amarok 2.2 "Sunjammer" released

İşbaran Akçayır isbaran at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:36:31 UTC 2009

Jeff Mitchell wrote On 02-10-2009 17:04:
> İşbaran Akçayır wrote:
>> Martin Sandsmark wrote On 02-10-2009 15:28:
>>> It is good to see that you have done an extensive study on Amarok users and
>>> their needs and wants. Care to share the raw data you've collected with us
>>> mere mortals? :-)
>>
>> Oh, so you have done an extensive study, and people think its important
>> for a music player to move some widgets or ability to change layout ?

> Do you read all of the emails we get? Do you check every single bug
> report and feature request we get on Bugzilla? Do you read every review
> of Amarok that one can find around the Web?
>
> No, didn't think so.

First, i wasnt talking to you, you're answering to my answers for
somebody else. ( of course you can do if with same foresight )
Second, i dont read your mails, i dont check every report, i check only
the ones i need, and some of feature requests. so what.

>> then maybe some day it can scan some folders and put them in a playlist,
>> and for now a buggy scanning tool and a slow interface is enough ?
>
> If you're having problems with the scanning, file bug reports. In the
> meantime, I'm starting to get really annoyed with these random
> statements about us not working on bug fixing

you're even not reading the mail that you're answering, that explains
your previous shout and i'm getting annoyed if i'm talking to a 9 year old.

> and how supremely buggy
> scanning is, because I've spent the past 9 months doing precious little
> *but* fixing bugs, almost entirely within the collection, and reports
> from everyone but you is that scanning is working pretty damn well in 2.2.

Ok it works great.

> To put it another way: stop trolling. Now.

first time somebody's blaming me of trolling :) maybe you just learned
what it is and wanted to use in a sentence.. dont know but i wont let it
happen even if you try ..

>> Of course they are fixing bugs, i'm not enemy of developers, maybe i'm
>> just too emotional about software i'm using. I cant accept this state of
>> amarok.
>
> OK. Go use something else then. Might I suggest exaile, amaroq, or banshee.

Not reading again ..

>>> If you have bugs, see if they're already reported, or report them to the bug
>>> tracker, not on the mailing list.
>>
>> Of course, i just didnt like the "ooh 2.2 is out ! its awesome" shouts,
>> cause its not anywhere near 1.4
>
> So go use a 1.4 clone.

Now this is a silly statement.

> This is an annoying meme, because it ignores all
> the bazillion things that make Amarok 2.2 better simply because some
> person's favorite pet feature(s) is(/are) not in Amarok 2.2. And if you
> want to see Amarok 2 improve, dumping on it like that is not the right
> way to motivate developers.

I know what motivates a developer, i do it when i feel like i should,
just not doing it like a hooligan

>> Its not like the 90's, people are using linux and of course amarok, (
>> they like it because of amarok, or they have to use it :) ) think of all
>> the windows head people switching to linux, do you think they know what
>> a bug is ?
>
> Windows users? They damn well *should* know what a bug is.
>
>> You're just making assumptions on how your software is,
>> its working for you, some geek people are filing bug reports, so it
>> should be fine.
>
> Um. A difference between us and Windows? Bug reports for Amarok are in
> the open, and so is the progress on them.

Now i'm completely parted from this conversation.. i rarely get what
you're talking about, youre making comments on so different things that
i even didnt say anything about.

Really i'd not want to put you in this angry/"dont know what else to put
here" state. Also dont know what was the part that teased you that much.
Performance and functionality is missing from amarok for so long, and
that makes you angry that i dont motivate you on your layout stuff.
(i'll file bug reports for collection scanning, looking at the count of
bugfixes at least youre not reading bug reports like that..)

best wishes, regards