Amarok 2.2 "Sunjammer" released

İşbaran Akçayır isbaran at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:12:06 UTC 2009

Ben K wrote On 02-10-2009 11:47:
>> Actually most people are not interested in these fancy stuff
>
> That's easy to say now that the fancy stuff is here. In reality lots of
> people, myself including have been clamouring for various features ever
> since 2.0 was released sans various 1.4 features.
>
> As for 2-3 minute load times, and 100% CPU usage, I haven't seen anything of
> the kind. Given that  I can remember when I used to load Amarok 1.4 and go
> make a sandwich while it took 5 minutes to load, I think 2.2 is a huge
> improvement.

To improve something, you should first reach the state where you left.
Amarok 2 started from nearly zero, and anything is an improvement over
zero. But the improvements announced are not improvements over 1.4.

For your situation i cant comment really, i've never experienced a 5
minute start time with any amarok even with a huge collection and with
my old slower computers.