2.2 -> 2.2.1 causes track loss in local collection

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Mon Nov 30 21:05:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 11:25 -0800, Eric Altendorf wrote:
> Weird.  I used 2.2 briefly when I upgraded to Karmic, and all the
> tracks that were perpetually missing under 2.1 re-appeared.  So I
> thought the long-standing DB bug had finally been fixed in 2.2.

Interesting. I just did a full collection scan using

  amarok --nofork --debug

and I'm noticing an error on a humongous SQL query:

  amarok:      [ERROR!] GREPME MySQL query failed! Duplicate entry '-1-./[my collection path]/New/Various/bandits - catch me (' for key 'urls_id_rpath_temp'  on  "INSERT INTO urls_temp VALUES ([...]"

The query continues with seemingly every single track physically located
in my collection folder, including those tracks that no longer appear in
the collection browser. Would an error in this query explain a failing
collection re-scan?

(Note, the name of the file that is complained about is partial -- it
actually continues past the '('.)

--
Cheers,
Christian