2.2 -> 2.2.1 causes track loss in local collection

Eric Altendorf ericaltendorf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:25:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Christian Kreibich <christian at whoop.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 09:28 +0100, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>> Do a full rescan of the collection, then restart Amarok, that should fix this.
>
> Sorry, but it does not.

Weird.  I used 2.2 briefly when I upgraded to Karmic, and all the
tracks that were perpetually missing under 2.1 re-appeared.  So I
thought the long-standing DB bug had finally been fixed in 2.2.

(Unfortunately Karmic Kubuntu was insanely broken, so I switched back
to vanilla Ubuntu with Gnome.  I'm using Rhythmbox now, which isn't so
hot, but at least it plays FLAC tracks from the beginning, unlike
Amarok + Phonon.  :-/ )

--eric