Weird collection problem

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 20:48:23 UTC 2009

Can anyone confirm that if files have signs like [] or () in their filenames they
wont get indexed correctly?

I have been trying to track down the problem and I think this is the case.
They get indexed but you cannot edit track details or add them to the playlist
and sometimes they just disappear.

Just now I've tried with the Rolling Stones album "Tattoo You" where the files
had names like "11. Waiting On A Friend.[www.lokotorrents.com].mp3" (yes I
know it's illegal in most countries). The album showed up in the collection
but the file tags couldn't be edited and the tracks couldn't be played. I could
search for a title and the album was found but the track wasn't shown.
Then I removed the ".[www.lokotorrents.com]" part from a couple (sic!) but not
all of the file names and suddenly all the tracks are identified correctly and
can be both edited and played!

/me thinks this is weird...

BTW: This also counts when the above mentioned signs are in directory names.

BTW2: I'm using KDE 4.3.3 and Amarok 2.2.1 on Kubuntu 9.10.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen