Shoutcast.com Internet Radio Stations removed from latest Amarok release & Info from Shoutcast

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Wed Nov 18 16:42:08 UTC 2009

 Tirsdag 17. november 2009 16.46.02 skrev S G :
> "The main problem is that Amarok is totally misreading the entire issue.
> They are reading the End-User TOS not the Application Developer / API TOS.
> Its unfortunate that this knee-jerk reaction on part of the Amarok
> developers is causing frustration for end-users like yourself.

Hahaha, did you even ask to see the TOS?

It's obvious as day that it is for application developers (it states quite
clearly that it is for developing against the API), and it specifically
disallows for example applications with open source code. Not to mention the
toolbar-bundling requirement, which in itself is a showstopper. Or the
branding requirement (Amarok having to put the shoutcast logo on its
webpage...). None of these makes sense in a end-user TOS. In fact, I can't
find a single reference to end-users in it.

--
Martin T. Sandsmark