amarok(-utils): To merge or not to merge

Andreas Stangl andreas-stangl at gmx.net
Thu Nov 12 20:37:16 UTC 2009

Due to KDE "bug" #213143 and Gentoo bug #292447 the question came up
if it makes sense to merge the packages media-sound/amarok-utils and
media-sound/amarok. I (and the Gentoo KDE-team) would like to know your opinion
about this. I personally think it should not be a problem to merge these two
packages because there is no other package depending on amaork-utils (at least I
don't know one) and both packages come from exactly the same repository.

The Gentoo KDE-team does not want different handling for the live ebuilds and the
ebuilds from the main tree because it makes things inconsistent. So merging the
live ebuilds at leaving the ebuilds from the main tree is not an option.

To merge or not to merge: that is the question!

What do you think?

--

Regards,
Andreas