Fwd: Lyrc

Jan Holthuis jan at holmek.de
Thu May 28 21:09:03 UTC 2009

> Uninstalling the script to install it once more is not
> possible: "only scripts can be uninstalled that have
> been installed as packages". I deinstalled amarok to
> install it once more, but nothing changed. The script
> was still installed.
Lyrc is a part of Amarok 1.4.x, it can't be uninstalled.

> But since some weeks the "server is not reachable".
> When I look into the script and I go to the adress
> lyrc.com.ar manually in a browser, this server is reachable.
Unfortunately, it seems that lyrc.com.ar have changed their
service and have become autolyrics.com, which is IMO the
reason that the script doesn't work anymore.

However, you can upgrade to Amarok 2.0 (if you're bold enough, even to Amarok
2.1 Beta 2), which offers a working script to fetch lyrics from lyricwiki.org.