Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 19 16:33:03 UTC 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jeff Mitchell at 19/05/09 15:23 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Well I agree that things may "just work", but when as Jeff already
>> replied in this branch of the thread, with the "Everything
>> Amarok-related" clarification, *I'd* like to see the GUI used to be one
>> that works for all apps - not just Everything Amaork-related.
>
> This is an Amarok mailing list.

OK, that's fair enough. I don't want to pollute things. I just figured
that as Amarok is a (the?) major sound app on KDE that this was a
relevant place. I guess you think differently.

>> appreciate this is not necessarily the best place to say this but in the
>> interests of closing off the thread on a less acrimonious note, I'll
>> carry on for a little while :p
>
> This is not the forum to do so.  So please don't.

Well I tried to be less acrimonious and I thought that the greater good
of the KDE community and it's audio related components would be
interesting to people. I wish you had read the rest of my mail as I
genuinely believe that it was relevant and interesting to the Amarok
community, but as you clearly believe differently I'll not labour this
point.

Col
(Who remains a loyal Amaork fan and someone who wants to make sound on
Linux and KDE better - and just wishes he could phrase things better so
that people don't prejudge his statements)
--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie

Day Job: