Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue May 19 14:23:13 UTC 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Well I agree that things may "just work", but when as Jeff already
> replied in this branch of the thread, with the "Everything
> Amarok-related" clarification, *I'd* like to see the GUI used to be one
> that works for all apps - not just Everything Amaork-related.

This is an Amarok mailing list.

> appreciate this is not necessarily the best place to say this but in the
> interests of closing off the thread on a less acrimonious note, I'll
> carry on for a little while :p

This is not the forum to do so.  So please don't.

I've ignored the rest of the email because you're carrying on about a
point no one is disputing.  One sound system to rule them all?  Great
idea.  Currently feasible?  The answer, from all the feedback we've
gotten (and our own experiences for those of us that run/ran Kubuntu),
is no.

If it works for you, use the PulseAudio backend.

If it doesn't work for you, maybe it will in the future.  Until then,
use something else.

No amount of "well, PulseAudio is solving an important problem" fixes it
if it's broken for some combination of software/hardware/drivers/PEBKAC.
 And since we're not the PulseAudio devs, we are neither required to nor
have the know-how to troubleshoot those issues.