cmake and amarok

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Sat May 16 16:46:01 UTC 2009

Hello Folks;

It seems that the latest versions of Amarok fail to compile about 75 %
of the time.  I have notice that all newer version use "cmake" and avoid
"autoconf".  With autoconf at least you get a log file to look at and
find if something is missing.  With cmake it is a guess at best.
CmakeCache.txt is is easy to edit but offers no clue as to why a compile
fails.  I have 2.0.90 and 2.0.96 and a 2.0.96.rpm.

Doing the rpm SuSE 11.2 complains the amaroklib has a problem.
Therefore, after solving all of the rpm's dependencies and still seeing
the lib problem, I was going to compile 2.0.96.  I have the latest
taglibs and all the rpm depends.  90/96 failed to compile for unknown
reasons.

Maybe I am missing something with cmake.  Question is why is it becoming
the defacto standard.  Automake, Autoconf, aclocal and automake and
amarok seemed to work.

enclosed is a copy of the err.  This happened on every line on it's way
to Error 1