Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Martin T. Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Thu May 14 23:07:46 UTC 2009

On Friday 15. May 2009 00:56:08 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> The only feature I have seen that it really provides above ALSA's own
> capabilities (which PA uses, since it provides a virtual ALSA device and
> then routes the audio back to ALSA) that might be useful to the masses
> is per-application volume controls.  Although considering how much
> confusion I've seen this cause on Vista...

Well, ignoring the arguable lack of usefulness, this should have been
implemented in ALSA itself (OSSv4, which is looking quite excellent, does
this), imho.

According to an ALSA-guy I talked to on IRC many moons ago, it should be
possible to do with dmix, which is now enabled by default in most (if not all)
ALSA-installations.

--
martin t. sandsmark