Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu May 14 22:56:08 UTC 2009

Martin T. Sandsmark wrote:
> On Friday 15. May 2009 00:32:08 Colin Guthrie wrote:

> I mean, Pulseaudio is probably terrific if you want to stream sound from
> random applications (that happen to work with pulseaudio) over the network,
> but that's relevant to a minimal amount of the users out there. For the rest,
> it's just a huge hassle, consuming resources, adding complexity and
> introducing new bugs, for no good reason at all.

The only feature I have seen that it really provides above ALSA's own
capabilities (which PA uses, since it provides a virtual ALSA device and
then routes the audio back to ALSA) that might be useful to the masses
is per-application volume controls.  Although considering how much
confusion I've seen this cause on Vista...

--Jeff