Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu May 14 22:35:38 UTC 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jeff Mitchell at 14/05/09 12:41 did gyre and gimble:
> Martin T. Sandsmark wrote:
>> On Thursday 14. May 2009 12:18:32 Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>> I look forward to the day when the gstreamer backend is made to kick
>>> ass, and I finally get around to getting the necessary backend logic
>>> into pulse to make the system settings GUI for a system running on top
>>> of pulse kick ass (after I hack that too).
>> Yay, let's revive ARtS! Only this time, it's new, and only have half of the
>> features! :-D
>
> There's been a libvlc backend in the works for some time, which should
> also rock, given that VLC is pretty solid and it's cross platform.

I hope so, but I just can't see why libraries that are (very) good for
output (xine and vlc) are being considered as a solution for a system
that is meant to be for both input and output which is what Phonon aims
to be.

Gstreamer just fits so perfectly into the goals of Phonon that I can't
really see why people don't want to use it!

But as I'm not able to work on it myself I can't afford to wax too
lyrical on this topic as I'm not fully aware of all the problems involved :)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie