Dynamic playlists renaming

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu May 14 18:09:01 UTC 2009

Jan Holthuis wrote:
> Well, in this case, we can leave the name unchanged :-)
> It thought the goal was to simplify the name - and I think, that »Party
> Jukebox« fits well.
> In no way I intended to wound your pride by comparing Amarok to iTunes ;-) (in
> fact, Amarok is waaaaay better). iTunes-fanboys can already have Songbird,
> they don't need Amarok. And by using »Party Jukebox« as a name for dynamic
> playlists, it won't become iTunes.

OK.  Not being a user of iTunes, I thought you meant that Party Jukebox
is what they call that feature.

The other explanation for why we wouldn't want to use their exact name,
other than we're not iTunes, is that we wouldn't want to run afoul of
trademark issues.

You didn't wound our pride, don't worry  :-)

--Jeff