Better database handling of UTF-8 data / Case-insensitive search

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu May 14 14:45:36 UTC 2009

Leo Franchi wrote:
> of how straightforward. And i know you're going to say it's not a major
> change

*BEEP*  Incorrect.  It's absolutely a major change.

> but when it has the potential to affect every user's collection,
> it's pretty important.

Exactly.

> we do have 2.1.1, it's not like 2.1.0 is our last
> release until 2.2.

Right.  But given that 2.1 is our first major "user" release (except
those distros that decided to use 2.0 as default), it might be more
difficult to do this change later, with a larger userbase, in case there
are indeed some odd things that happen.

It can wait...I just thought that it was worth considering putting such
a major fix in before we have our first major 2.x "user" release.

--Jeff