Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Leonardo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed May 13 21:38:40 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 22:29:12 Jud Craft wrote:

> Advising nuking PulseAudio on nothing more than anecdotal device, from
> an obscure forum post, with no evidence as to what the actual problem
> is, is bad advice.  And switching to phonon-xine is no reason to
> remove phonon-pulseaudio, since for what you know, that might not
> solve his problem either.

You are mis-stating the alternatives:

1) Nuke pulseaudio, because it has solved the issue in 98% of all cases as we
have heard from many users on irc, the mailing list, and on the forum

or

2) Try to fix pulseaudio, but no one knows how to and it's even unclear how
it's broken, or why. or try to figure out if taglib is being wonky, which it's
not because it's taglib and wheels is god ;)

personally, i think (1) is the best bet.

leo

-----
lfranchi at kde.org		Tufts  University 2010
leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu                 The KDE Project