Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:29:12 UTC 2009

Hey, hold the phone.  I keep all my music on a FAT partition _and_ it
plays with Amarok2 (2.0.2) on Fedora, with Pulse.  I highly doubt this
is Pulse, and I have as much evidence as anyone else does.

That forum post mentions that Amarok can't even read the metadata on
the author's files.  Color me clueless, but as far as I know, Pulse
has nothing to do with that.  Since that same poster replied that "I
moved the files to an Ext3 partition and Amarok loaded them just
fine", it seems more like possibly a rare case Amarok file-loading
bug.

More importantly, he says that even when it won't load the metadata,
"I can play it with a double click."  His sound is working just fine,
the metadata isn't - and people are telling him to gut his sound
server.

Advising nuking PulseAudio on nothing more than anecdotal device, from
an obscure forum post, with no evidence as to what the actual problem
is, is bad advice.  And switching to phonon-xine is no reason to
remove phonon-pulseaudio, since for what you know, that might not
solve his problem either.