GSoC project: New meta-applets for the Context View

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Fri Mar 27 13:30:24 UTC 2009

Hi Amarokers,

my name is Kevin Funk, I'm a Applied Computer Science student at the
University of Applied Sciences in Zweibrücken (Germany) in my third semester
now. Some people may already know me from #amarok (Freenode) and/or working on
Amarok in general (bug fixing, etc.).

So here is my application for the "New meta-applets for the Context View"
project for GSoC.

Motivation for Proposal / Goal:
Some people may already know that I am not really comfortable with Amarok's
current visual appearance and I am trying to fix that issue whereever I can.
And I think improving the Context View is a major step into this direction.

Implementation Details:
I really like the mockup of that guy here [1] and I think its a good start to
describe what my idea looks like. The right picture in [2] shows the Meta
applet I'd like to implement.
I know that this means also a refactor of the Context View which I'm going to
do aswell as a part of this project (I don't really think the current 3-panes-
view is _that_ useful aswell, for different reasons, sorry).

Feedback welcome

--
Kevin

[1] http://www.kde-
look.org/content/show.php/A+Media+Player+for+KDE4?content=94472
[2] http://www.kde-
look.org/content/preview.php?preview=2&id=94472&file1=94472-1.jpg&file2=94472-2.jpg&file3=94472-3.jpg&name=A+Media+Player+for+KDE4