GSoC Ideas for the project "New meta-applets for the Context View"

vignesh c vig.chan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:06:02 UTC 2009

Dear Sir

My Name is Vignesh and I am a 3rd year information science engineering
student from Bangalore, India
and I want to be associated with KDE and Amarok for GSoC 2009.

I have listed my project ideas below. Please do give your valuable feedback
on the ideas and I  wish to know if i could
get in touch with u on IRC for the discussion of the same.

Project Ideas  (in brief) :

1) Providing a frame work for the creation of Meta Applets to ensure easier
development of Meta Applets in the future.
    The Frame Work aims at integrating the data obtained from various data
engines specified and also to create
     Meta Applets such that all the widgets are layed out neatly and the
Context View Space is utilized efficiently.

2) Development of 2 Meta Applets using the above frame work.

3) Providing an Interface which allows the user to choose any 5 (or less)
Meta Applets (This Number could be flexible) which he
    prefers to view at a time. The Meta Applets that he chooses will be
displayed as icons and the Meta Applets can be
    viewed by clicking of the corresponding icons. Sequential access will be
provided by large arrow buttons on either side and       by a shortcut key.
Eye catching animation will be provided while the user changes from one Meta
Applet to another

4) User will be given the option to resize the Meta Applets and also to lay
the Meta Applets in a Layout of his choice using
    Drag and Drop facility

Thanking you
Vignesh C