How many Meta-Applets?

N Randolph yoshikira at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 06:23:25 UTC 2009

Hello, mentors and all.

The developers of Amarok have already acknowledged that meta-applets need to
be implimented rather then having many different applets everywhere taking
up extra memory and looking cluttered.  I agree that  it seems unnecessary
to have so many different objects running simultaneously ie. for lyrics
separately from albums. Breezing over the current code there are separte
ones for albums, lyrics, playlistinfo, wikipedia, currenttrack, mediadecives
and serviceinfo. By combining programs for different applets in a way that
they fit together puzzle-piece-like (in new programs, of course), I hope to
develop meta-applets for many of the applets that are compatable. With that,
what are the earnest guidelines that I need to consider, such as the number
of meta-applets to create?

Toodles

-Nelson