QtScript Generator removed from Amarok SVN

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Sun Mar 22 17:31:42 UTC 2009

On So, 22.03.09 12:14 Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, this is quite difficult since its reading code but its not
> using the normal GCC stuff. My guess is that its because you have the
> phonon directory not located at $QTDIR/include/phonon. OpenSUSE does
> (its QTDIR is /usr and it has eg /usr/include/QtCore and
> /usr/include/phonon) which is why the patch works for me.
>
> One straightforward solution might be to give full file paths to the
> phonon includes on your system in qtscript_masterinclude.h.

Hm, on Gentoo we have it in /usr/include/phonon too, but I'm also using
KDE's phonon (which is mutually exclusive to Qt's when using FHS
compatible install paths)

I guess it might have to do something with the fact that this way we
have a qt4 that thinks it is compiled with -no-phonon, so there might
be some definitions missing in /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs or something.

Hopefully the KDE and Qt guys soon manage to get that phonon mess
sorted out, so KDE only provides add-on code to upstream Qt phonon and
simply depends on qt-phonon, instead of replacing it. That's the
real cause for all these issues across all sorts of distributions,
IMHO :)

Cheers,
Thomas