QtScript Generator removed from Amarok SVN

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Sun Mar 22 16:29:22 UTC 2009

On So, 22.03.09 09:37 Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> The code is generated under generated_code. If phonon still doesn't
> compile with the patch, just stop phonon from compiling by editing the
> qmake file (a .prc file IIRC) in the qtbindings directory. Amarok
> doesn't use the phonon qtscript bindings.
>
> I think your lost because you're using an ebuild so you can't keep
> track of whats going on.
>
> Ian

Thanks for the hint, Ian. It indeed still fails with the exact same
error message even with the patch applied.

Where the generated files should end up is clear, but what the java
builder does is a mystery to me, so debugging why it fails to generate
the cpp files for phonon seems hard:
----
Please wait while source files are being generated...
WARNING(MetaJavaBuilder) :: enum 'QGradient::InterpolationMode' does
not have a type entry or is not an enum Classes in typesystem:
522
Generated:
  - classes...: 503 (503)
  - header....: 339 (339)
  - impl......: 339 (339)
  - modules...: 20 (20)
  - pri.......: 10 (10)

Done, 1 warnings (877 known issues)
----
Aha.. *shrug*

But as you suggested, just disabling phonon bindings helps.
Attached patch does that, and it's working here now.

Thanks!

Best,
Thomas