GoSoC 2009 UPnP Proposal -draft 2

Michael Pujos pujos.michael at laposte.net
Mon Mar 9 22:39:11 UTC 2009

Ian Monroe a écrit :

> Maybe I'm wrong though. One idea is to hack out a little Qt CLI app to
> poke the Coherence API so that you can have the Coherence API figured
> out before you start getting into Amarok collection implementations.
> Remember you aren't bound by such decisions made in your proposal. :)

I'd really look at the Platinum SDK instead
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/platinum/). It is an open source UPnP
framewrok written in C++ and used primarily in XMBC.
Having remote UPnP collections a first class citizen in the app is going
to be hard using only scripting, IMHO.
It might also be easier to start by implementing the MediaServer as
there's not much UI work appart from a configuration dialog.
Also many UPnP AV devices behave in their own quircky ways, and that
must be taken into account when you want to make a Controller or Server
that work with most of these.