GSoC proposal draft: Spatial collection with fuzzy queries

zehoss zehoss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 21:23:21 UTC 2009

2009/3/1 Teo Mrnjavac <teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com>

> Greetings
> Please take the time to read the first draft of my GSoC proposal for a
> spatial collection with fuzzy queries and give me some feedback.
> Here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg7vjhzd_2fdctd3cs
> Cheers
> Teo Mrnjavac

Hi,
I think this is great idea, but you should read a topic (i don't know if
it's a good word)
with subject "GSOC - intelligent playlists" (it's right here:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/amarok/2009-March/007757.html).
My idea is very similar. I want to extract features from acoustic wave and
make some measure of distance (similarity) betwen songs.
User interface is now quite simple. You can use SOM, like said Teo Mrnjavac
to obtain a 2D representation.
We will be able to talk a bit about it, if you wish. I would like to know
some details of your work.

Oh, can you write, what is your thesis subject? I think that I have similar
subject.
My master thesis is "Intelligent methods in music classyfication".

Krzysiek

--
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...