GSOC - intelligent playlists

zehoss zehoss at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:14:54 UTC 2009

2009/3/1 Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 21:33, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> > (note: this is my personal opinion, not that of the project)
> >
> > I don't think we should have an "intelligent playlist" SoC project
> > this summer. We had Daniel implement the Dynamic Playlists last
> > summer, with the fuzzy and proportional biases. We have Soren who has
> > been independently working on an automatic playlist generation system
> > that is close to ready (it just needs a LOOOT of UI love/usability
> > work). I believe we have a strong foundation for "new and cool"
> > intelligent playlists, and we should look into polishing what we have
> > and making it better instead of having yet another framework.

Oh, I didn't know that. I would like to see it in work :)

> > i don't want to discourage you from participating in the SoC (it's
> > awesome!), but i just feel like we should try to use our very-limited
> > SoC spots to new features or essential work.
> >
> > my 2 cents. thoughts?
>
> I very much agree. Please take part in SoC. We really want to make it
> rock again this year.

Ok, I will look for some interesting project. I would like to take part in
GSoC.
It could be great adventure ;)

> Let us know if we can help you refine any ideas you have.
>
> Thanks, I will remember this.

Btw. My version of intelligent playlists will be created, but not on GSoC.
This is my research project on University and I think, that in some time I
would make somethink for Amarok.

Krzysiek

--
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...