Why is lastfm a required dependency?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 24 08:16:25 UTC 2009

On 24.06.09 02:51:00, Casey Link wrote:
> There is no reason why the Last.fm Service in Amarok can't be disabled
> if a user/distro doesn't want to include it. However, liblastfm will
> be used to power critical non-optional features of Amarok (Context
> info and Covers) in the imminent future.

What is critical to you, might not be critical to other users of Amarok. I
personally don't care at all about the context-area of Amarok, about
covers or artist info. All I need is something which lets me browse/search
through the list of media files I have on my disk, assemble a playlist and
play the songs.

Of course, if the majority of amarok users find the features, for which you
need lastfm support, critical then lastfm should be a required dependency.

Andreas

--
You will be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize... posthumously.