Why is lastfm a required dependency?

Thrash Dude thrashdude at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 02:21:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:19:37 -0400, Leo Franchi wrote:

> We are using liblastfm as a dependency because:
>
> a) Building libraries internally is stupid and just leads to bloat b)
> Sharing code amongst different system processes is a *good thing*.

And having yet another package split out from Amarok that also needs to
be tracked is better?

This makes at least 3 split out packages that now need to be tracked.
Instead of needing to track a single package (Amarok) you now have to
track 4 packages to get the exact same effect. That looks like bloat to
me.