amaroK has changed too much for me

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:18:28 UTC 2009

We are sorry to hear that. Depending on which distro you are using,
you have likely been upgraded to Amarok 2.0.2. Amarok 2.0 is very much
a framework release (and we advertised them as such) and as such the
initial versions were quite rough and missing many features. We have
recently released versions 2.1.0 and 2.1.1
(http://amarok.kde.org/de/node/675) which might be available for your
distro, and while they don't bring back all features, they are
_massive_ improvements over 2.0.2 in nearly every possible way.

Also, we are already working very hard on Amarok 2.2 and you can find
a preview of some of the stuff that will go into that here:
http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1065-Amarok-2.2-development,-one-week-in.html

- Nikolaj