amaroK has changed too much for me

Scott Winslow scott at winslow.net
Sat Jun 20 13:40:35 UTC 2009

The app is so different since my distribution upgraded it that I find it
virtually unusable. It looks really dumbed down and trivial, and so many
configuration options seem to have disappeared. I used to really like
using the moodbar "plugin", now I can't even figure out how I'd enable
it. It used to auto rank songs by number of listens and incomplete and
so on, now I can't tell if it's still doing it, and I can't seem to even
control the columns displayed for the playlist. And the the applets work
now is really confusing. How does anyone figure out how to do things if
not all options are accessible in a consistent fashion?

I gave it a shot, but I think I'm going to have to look at other
players.