[Feedback] I'm new to 2.1 and have a question about 1.4

redentor375 at yahoo.com redentor375 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 16:06:04 UTC 2009

Rocky sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Hi team,
I want to start by saying that I have truly rediscovered music when I started
using Amarok over a year ago.  I have about 100k songs in my hard drive.
Amarok always came through for me in organizing, keeping track, and reaching
uniformity in my files.  With that being said, there are some features
missing in 2.1 that I feel must return to make Amarok the best music player
I'm used and need to work with.

Thank you for bringing back track queuing and playlist searching.

However, I can't still find things like musicbrainz, organize/manage
collection, custom file naming convertion, ability to view the playlist in
columns and view other tags (year, genre, bits) and sort with such, play list
shuffling is very very important to me (random tracks is useless for my
needs).  Not sure if the queue manager made it back.

These features truly defined rediscovering music in my world.  Please don't
be offended by this, but I can't accept the 2.x series just yet and for this
I rolled back to 1.4 after exploring my options with 2.1 for 2 hours.  I
couldn't find vision to bring these features back in places like the forum
and http://www.sebruiz.net/364.  Please let me know if I just didn't look
hard enough or if you guys plan to bring this awesome Amarok defining
features back.

Thanks for your outstanding work,
Rocky

Report as inappropriate: