[Feedback] What did you do with Amarok?

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 17:35:18 UTC 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Dave Germiquet wrote:

> Hi Niko,
>
> I agree, I too wish Amarok 1.4 would have stayed in "bug release"
> state..or still somewhat supported until Amarok 2.0 was ready for
> development.
>
> However I use kde 3.5 still now, and use amarok 1.4 (hardy) I know it
> kinda sucks but I Hope amarok 2.0 will be ready by the time hardy
> support expires :)
>
> Amarok 1.4 still works fine for me....

from a purely practical standpoint, this was always unlikely. amarok
has a pretty small development team, and we've been working on amarok
2 for more than 2 years now. i don't even remember how 1.x works, not
to mention the fact that I donto have any kde3 libs on my machine.

it's much harder to do maintainance of dead/stable branches in OSS, as
people tend to work on the latest and greatest. that's just part of
the ballgame imho.

leo